Ten passages of Scripture! Ten! All saying the same thing!
This morning was one of those times when God got my attention by putting Scripture in front of me from various places in the Bible.
The message was that He answers prayer—every time!
What we see in front of us may not match what these verses say, but I still believe them, anyway.
There are ten passages, more than I usually use in a blog, but every one of them is important. God wants us to know, to really know, something very specific.
Read the following passages while remembering that Papa Henderson used to say, “When the Bible says ‘all,’ that means there ain’t no more”:
- “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32).
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind” (James 1:5–6).
Notice “will” and “shall” in these verses:
- “‘Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened’” (Matthew 7:7–8).
- “‘So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened’” (Luke 11:9–10).
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11).
- “Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:12–13).
- “‘And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive’” (Matthew 21:22).
- “‘Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them’” (Mark 11:24).
- “‘If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you’” (John 15:7).
Notice the strong promise in this one: “And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight” (1 John 3:22).
Do you see, too, what God was saying? He was saying He answers every time every prayer we pray in faith believing without doubting while abiding in Him and walking uprightly and keeping His commandments, searching for Him with our whole heart, seeking Him, knocking, doing things that please Him, and never giving up. He answers every time—every time!
I know this is a lot of Scripture reading, but when the Bible tells us something once, it is important. When it says it twice, we should take notice, but when it says it 10 times—and those are just the ones I found and the ones I printed here—10 times, it is worth reading them over and over until we truly believe it. I think God knew we would need repeated affirmation and confirmation of this truth, because so much of what we see does not line up with these promises just yet.
I also believe that God doesn’t need anyone to defend Him or explain Him, because He can stand own His on two feet. So, if what you see in your life and in the life of your prodigal doesn’t match this—if you have not yet seen the evidence of the answer to your prayers regarding your prodigal—just wait. He promised, and I believe Him!
Read these verses often until you know He will answer every time!
Now—I have to get back to reading these promises. I don’t ever want to doubt again that He will answer!
2 thoughts on “He Answers–Every Time”
Hi, right now I’m in a position of confusion and just needing an extra prayer for help as my husband is fixated in his worldly ways, concentrated on other women, and not searching for his inner purpose . I know he can break out of it, some Jesus and time heals all. God bless you all.
I am glad you reached out for prayer. I will pray for your husband’s salvation and that his heart will be turned back to you and your marriage.